Buy Your Next Home in Boston, MA – Southie
Thinking About Buying a Home in Southie?
Awesome – that’s where NextHome Titletown is located! We’re huge fans of Southie, and have witnessed much of the transformation that has occurred in Southie since 2000. Southie is a peninsula that juts into Dorchester Bay and, therefore, features some of the longest public urban beachfront along the East Coast. Originally a neighborhood steeped in Irish-Catholic roots, Southie maintains its true sense of family and community while embracing redevelopment and becoming one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Boston. Southie is home to both long-time residents and a new wave of young professionals who are drawn to the area’s beaches, parks, culture, and easy access to downtown and the South Boston Waterfront (a.k.a The Seaport).
Over 36,000 residents call Southie home today. The first wave of construction in the 2000s saw the renovation of many of Southie’s classic triple-deckers into modern condos and apartments. In the 2010s, developers started building new construction projects with high-end finishings on any available land that remained. The resulting influx of young professionals helped usher in the emergent Southie restaurant and nightlife scene, where you’ll see lines of them queued up outside a number of Broadway-based establishments on weekend nights, and increased the percentage of residents with Bachelor’s degrees from 28% to 55% in just a 10-year period.
Although the technical name of the neighborhood is South Boston, you’ll always find residents referring to it as Southie. And absolutely under no conditions should you refer to Southie as SoBo. Never, ever call it SoBo. Caught in Southie does a great job explaining local customs and etiquette in Southie.
If you find yourself near the Broadway T Stop, head over to 100 A Street, and you’ll find the offices of NextHome Titletown Real Estate Southie! We’re a short 5 minute walk away. We love talking about Southie real estate and sharing how the neighborhood has evolved over the years to what it has become today.
Neighborhoods within Southie include:
- City Point
- Dorchester Heights / Thomas Park
- Fort Point
- Seaport District
- Andrew Square
- St. Vincent’s Lower End
- West Broadway
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Southie
- Take a stroll around Castle Island and Pleasure Bay for some of the most breathtaking views of Boston Harbor, Downtown Boston, and jumbo jets on their final approaches into Logan Airport. See if you can guess which airline is approaching before the aircraft flies right over your head!
- Grab a bite at one of the many amazing restaurants along Broadway, including Lincoln, Loco, Capo, The Broadway, Fox & The Knife, Worden Hall, The Paramount, Shenannigan’s, or Amrhein’s (and just off Broadway but our next-door neighbors, Coppersmith).
- Head to Southie for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade (and the days leading up to it) – just don’t drive in and expect to find parking!
- Do it for the ‘Gram and head to Lawn on D on a sunny afternoon for those perfect Insta-moments on their iconic light-up swings.
- Enjoy a pint at L Street Tavern, made famous by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in the movie Good Will Hunting.
- Walk the entire length of Broadway and see all of the new construction along the way. The stroll from the Broadway MBTA stop to the David Farragut statue at the far end of East Broadway is about 2 miles and 40 minutes.
- Venture into Fort Point and the Seaport – both technically considered parts of South Boston, where you will find upscale dining, a number of craft breweries – Trillium, Hopsters, and Harpoon, amazing views of Boston Harbor, shopping at brand-new outposts of L.L. Bean, Fjällräven, Bonobos, Mr. Sid, Lululemon, and Everlane. If you’re lucky, you’ll even land a few of the Southie resident parking spots located steps amid the Fort Point and Seaport side streets (you’ll need to know where they are hidden)!
- Plan a movie tour! A number of Hollywood blockbusters have filmed and were set in Southie, including Mystic River, The Departed, Good Will Hunting, Boondock Saints, Black Mass, and Gone Baby Gone. Either plan your own venture through the neighborhood or book an official guided Movie & TV tour!
Homes For Sale In Southie
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our South Boston Real Estate agents’ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market, including right here in Southie.
Whether you prefer to sell your home, rent your home, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Boston Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
And while there are a number of real estate agents in South Boston MA, very few have a licensed real estate attorney as their Managing Broker like we do! Rory Gill has practiced real estate law for over a decade, and can help interpret some of the more specific legal elements of Southie real estate.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our expert real estate agents will help you search for condos in Southie, multi-family homes for sale in Southie, or single family homes for sale in Southie. The South Boston real estate market is our expertise. We are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale in Southie. If you’re looking to sell your home in Southie, NextHome Titletown Real Estate listing agents can help you get the best sale price.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Boston’s Progressive Real Estate brokerage. Our focus is to help you sell your South Boston, Massachusetts area home faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect home with less hassle. Here, you can search for homes in Southie, new homes in Boston, and 02127 homes for sale.
We would love to help you find your next home in Southie – contact us today!
Other Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out:
Other Nearby Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- Staging Your House During The Holiday Season in Boston
- Why Every Boston Real Estate Investor Needs a Good Agent on Their Team
- The Top 5 Mistakes Sellers Make When Selling a Home in Boston
- 5 Estate Planning Tips for Homeowners in Boston
- How International Buyers Can Purchase Property In Boston
- Our Step By Step Guide For Creating a Comparative Market Analysis for Boston Home Sellers
- 6 Things You Should Ignore When Buying a Home in Boston
- A Veterans Guide To Buying A Home In Boston
- 5 Tips For Creating The Ultimate Home Office in Your New Boston Home
- 5 Things That Will Have a Surprising Impact on The Value of Your Home in Boston