Buy Your Next Home in Weymouth, MA
Thinking About Buying a Home in Weymouth?
The second oldest settlement in Massachusetts, Weymouth is filled with history and a long list of notable individuals who have called Weymouth home – everyone from First Lady Abigail Adams to architect Frank Lloyd Wright and civic leader Booker T. Washington.
Today, over 55,000 residents call Weymouth home, with many of today’s longtime residents having moved from Dorchester and Southie years ago in search of more space for their growing families, who are attracted to Weymouth for its diverse housing types, convenient public transportation options, premier health care facilities, and excellent system of parks and open recreational spaces.
Routes 3, 3A, 18, and 53 all head right through the heart of Weymouth making for easy access to highways that will take Weymouth residents to their jobs in Boston, Quincy, or points south such as Bridgewater, Hanover, Rockland, Abington, and Pembroke. Multiple MBTA Commuter Rail lines cross through Weymouth – the Kingston/Plymouth line comes through South Weymouth, while the Greenbush line crosses through East Weymouth on the northern edge of town, making for multiple convenient public trains into South Station.
In Weymouth, you will find a wide variety of housing types – everything from older modest garden apartment condominiums to single-family homes in established neighborhoods, new construction 3/4 bedroom homes, and even luxury condos in gleaming new buildings overlooking Hingham Bay.
Weymouth has no true downtown center, but rather four village centers for the four distinct areas within Weymouth:
- Weymouth Landing – 02188 zip code – with the village center at The Landing
- North Weymouth – 02191 zip code – with the village center at Bicknell Square
- East Weymouth – 02189 zip code – with the village center at Jackson Square
- South Weymouth – 02190 zip code – with the village center at Columbian Square
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Weymouth
- Visit Weymouth Town Hall, built in 1928 and modeled after the Old State House in Boston.
- Hike through Great Esker Park on the Back River, enjoying the quiet, rolling trails along the salt marshes. Eskers, derived from a Gaelic word meaning ridges, are formed by sand and gravel trapped by glaciers, deposited along ice tunnel floors that remained after the glaciers melted. The eskers at Great Esker part, at 90 feet, are among the highest in North America.
- Webb Memorial State Park features scenic views of Boston Harbor and downtown skyline on this peninsula in North Weymouth.
- Enjoy the newly restored Legion Field, with improvements to the tennis courts, walking paths, turf field, and playground.
- Head to the Beach! North Weymouth is right on the water, and features two pristine spots for soaking in some Vitamin D and peaceful coastal views – Wessagusset Beach (“Old Beach”) and George Lane Beach (“New Beach”).
- Visit Columbia Square and the visually stunning Fogg Library, a Renaissance Revival stone building and a gift to the community by local businessman John S. Fogg. Also in Columbian Square is the John S. Fogg Boot Factory Building, a once common building type for shoemaking facilities in the mid 1800’s, now recognized by the Library of Congress and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Learn all about Weymouth’s past at Weymouth Historical Society.
Homes For Sale In Weymouth
Yes! Please Send Me New Listings in Weymouth As They Hit The Market!
Work With NextHome Titletown Real Estate To Buy Or Sell Your Home In Weymouth, Massachusetts!
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our agents’ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market.
Whether you’re looking to sell a single family home in Weymouth, a condo unit, buy a new house, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Weymouth Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our real estate agents in Weymouth are local experts. We will help you search for homes, and are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale.
If you’re looking to buy real estate in Weymouth, our NextHome Titletown Real Estate agents can help you get the best purchase price.
If you’re looking to sell your home in Weymouth, our focus is to help you sell your home faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect next home with less hassle.
Here, you can search for homes in Weymouth or expand your search and find new homes throughout Boston.
We would love to help you find your next home in Weymouth – contact us today!
Other Nearby Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- Pros and Cons of Dual Agency For Buyers and Sellers in Boston
- Boston Homeowners: How To Stage A House You Live In
- Renting vs. Buying a House in Boston
- 5 Things To Avoid When Choosing The Right Real Estate Agent In Boston
- Ready To Sell Your House in Boston? Consider These 5 Things First!
- Tips To Stay Organized When Buying a House in Boston
- Negotiation Tips For Getting The Best Price For Your Boston House
- Step By Step Guide To Help You Relocate To Boston
- Why Experience Matters When Choosing A Real Estate Agent For Your Boston Probate Property
- Downfalls of FSBO in Boston
Helpful Searches Related to Weymouth Real Estate
- Single Family Homes For Sale In Weymouth, MA
- Best Real Estate Agents in Weymouth, MA
- Real Estate in Weymouth, MA
- Sell My House Fast Weymouth
- Weymouth, MA Real Estate Agent
- Duplexes / Multi-Family Homes For Sale Weymouth
- Top Real Estate Agents in Weymouth, MA
- Compare Real Estate Agents in Weymouth, MA
- Weymouth Condos For Sale