Buy Your Next Home in Quincy, MA
Photo: Emw [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)]
Thinking About Buying a Home in Quincy, Massachusetts?
Just about 10 miles south of Downtown Boston live just over 92,000 residents in The City of Presidents – Quincy, Massachusetts.
Quincy is the 8th largest city in Massachusetts and is a popular bedroom community with a rich history and ample residential opportunities. Just across the Neponset River from Dorchester, Quincy is connected to points north with easy access via MBTA bus or the Red Line stops at North Quincy, Wollaston, Quincy Center, and Quincy Adams.
Many residents live and work in Quincy, while others commute into Boston given the close proximity via car or public transit. The City of Quincy itself has had a steady list of employers and industries over the years – granite quarrying and shipbuilding in the past has evolved into professional services, insurance, health care, and finance today.
Some of the popular neighborhoods in Quincy include:
- Wollaston – Home of Eastern Nazarene College, lots of commercial and residential units, split into Wollaston Park (the beach) and Wollaston Heights
- Marina Bay – a higher-end residential/commercial district with a marina and beautiful views of Quincy bay, developed in the 1980s
- Squantum is a barrier island connected by causeway to the rest of Quincy, home to some of the most expensive real estate in Quincy because of the scenic views and tree-lined roads.
- Houghs Neck is a northeastern peninsular community named for Atherton Hough, who was granted the land in 1636 for use as a farm and orchard. Hough’s Neck has a substantial Irish American population.
- Adams Shore abuts Quincy Bay and connects Houghs Neck to the rest of Quincy. Homes on smaller lots are interconnected by a network of streets in this family-centric neighborhood.
- Quincy Center is the center of the city with government offices, numerous commercial buildings, and larger apartment and condo buildings.
- Quincy Point is a densely populated area just east of Quincy Center
- Germantown is a residential neighborhood also located on the southern part of the peninsula with Houghs Neck, across the Weymouth Fore River from Weymouth
- Merrymount is a primarily residential neighborhood right on Quincy Bay
- Montclair is the north of Quincy Center near North Quincy, President’s Golf Course, and the Town of Milton, MA
- North Quincy is a residential and commercial neighborhood along Hancock Street and Quincy Shore Drive
- South Quincy is a residential area bordering the Town of Braintree
- West Quincy is a residential and commercial are with easy access to the major thoroughfares Furnace Brook Parkway, I-93, and Adams Street
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Quincy, Massachusetts
- Dock your boat at Marina Bay and enjoy a sunset view while dining at one of their many waterfront eateries.
- Visit the grounds and the historic homes at Adams National Historical Park, which includes the birthplaces of two U.S. Presidents.
- Feast on unlimited sushi and hot pot at Royal, and then head downstairs to Royal KTV and sing the night away in a private karaoke room.
- Wollaston Beach and Quincy Shore drive is a lovely place to spend a sunny warm afternoon, with a dip in the water and a clam shack lunch.
- Quincy Quarries Reservation is an excellent site for outdoor rock climbing and photography. The birthplace of America’s large-scale granite quarrying industry, Quincy Quarries Reservation is now inactive for quarrying, but popular for daytrippers and picnicking.
Homes For Sale In Quincy
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our agents’ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market, including Quincy, Massachusetts.
Whether you prefer to sell your home, rent your home, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Boston Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our expert real estate agents will help you search for condos in Quincy MA, multi-family homes for sale in Quincy MA, or single family homes for sale in Quincy MA. We are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale in Quincy MA. If you’re looking to sell your home in Quincy MA, NextHome Titletown Real Estate listing agents can help you get the best sale price.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Boston’s Progressive Real Estate brokerage. Our focus is to help you sell your home faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect home with less hassle. The Quincy MA real estate market is hot, with many townhomes for sale in Quincy and condos for sale in Marina Bay! Here, we can help you analyze homes recently sold in Quincy MA, or you can search for homes in Quincy MA and new homes throughout the Greater Boston Area.
We also sponsor a great local networking group called Network to Grow Your Net Worth. Feel free to join our free Facebook Group and come to one of our in-person networking events to meet real estate professionals and investors of all levels – from people just getting started to some of the region’s smartest and most creative real estate investors!
We would love to help you find your next home in Quincy MA – contact us today!
Other Nearby Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- How to Handle Bad Neighbors When Selling Your House in Boston
- Should You Sell Your House or Hold? 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Hiring an Agent in Boston
- How to Accurately Estimate the Repair Costs of Your Home in Boston
- 5 Things To Do Today If You Are Thinking of Buying a New Home Within the Next Year in Boston
- What You Need to Know About A Construction Loan When Buying a Home in Boston
- Tips For Buying A House With A Friend In Boston
- 5 Ways To Increase Curb Appeal When Selling a House
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Waterfront Property
- Tips for Negotiations and Objections for Home Buyers in Boston
- Our Top 10 Questions We Receive About Buying and Selling Houses in Boston