Buy Your Next Home in Boston, MA – Jamaica Plain
Thinking About Buying a Home in Jamaica Plain?
There is never a dull moment in Jamaica Plain – from the bustle along Centre Street to the popular recreational opportunities at Jamaica Pond. One of Boston’s most eclectic and diverse neighborhoods, JP oozes with personality, reflected in its culturally diverse cuisine, welcome atmosphere, friendly vibe, and liberal attitude, making this enclave a popular neighborhood for families, the LGBTQ community, and individuals generally seeking a left-of-center community.
Housing opportunities in JP include Victorian-style multi-family and single-family dwellings, renovated condos, new construction multi-family units, townhouses, and multi-million dollar estates.
Within Jamaica Plain’s 4.5 square miles are a number of parks, public outdoor spaces, and smaller neighborhoods, filled with rich culture, art, and pride, including:
- The Pondside community are the immediate streets surrounding Jamaica Pond just west of Centre St., highlighted by the gorgeous homes along Jamaicaway and tree-lined streets featuring single-family and duplex homes with pretty yards.
- South Huntington sits on the northern edge of JP nearest Mission Hill.
- Jackson Square and Hyde Square are opposite Columbus Avenue from Fort Hill in Roxbury and are serviced by a number of MBTA bus routes and the Orange Line.
- Businesses along Centre St., in JP Centre / South Main Street corridor include an assortment of thrift stores, local markets, and unique dining experiences. JP South features the Arnold Arboretum and streets immediately northeast of Arborway.
- Egleston Square is known as “that great neighborhood where Roxbury and Jamaica Plain shake hands,” accessible by the MBTA Orange Line and several bus lines. Filled with local businesses and culturally diverse dining options, Egleston Square is the district at the convergence of Columbus Ave. and Washington St.
- Brookside is just east of Amory Street next to Egleston Square, and the home of the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery.
- The Sumner Hill Historic District features classic architecturally distinguished homes built during the latter half of the 19th century, many featuring well-manicured lots with sturdy retaining walls and exquisite horticulture.
- Stony Brook / Parkside / Union Ave. is the area east of Franklin Park featuring many classic New England triple-deckers amid tree-lines streets.
- Forest Hills / Woodbourne includes the southern terminus of the MBTA Orange Line and the Forest Hills Cemetery, and sits in the southern edge of JP, bordering Roslindale and Hyde Park Ave.
- Jamaica Hills / Moss Hill is on the southwestern edge of JP, bordering Brookline.
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Jamaica Plain
- Have a jog around Jamaica Pond, a 1.5 mile paved scenic loop, popular with residents.
- Grab an ice cream sundae at J.P. Licks and browse the shops and people watching along JP’s eclectic main thoroughfare, Centre Street.
- Marvel at the seasonal foliage and discover your inner horticulturist at the Arnold Arboretum.
- Tour the Sam Adams Brewery, one of the forefathers in the craft beer movement, and sample small batches only available at the brewery.
- Or, go hyper-local with your craft beer and check out Turtle Swamp Brewing and their hopping outdoor patio.
Homes For Sale In Jamaica Plain
Yes! Please Send Me New Listings in Jamaica Plain As They Hit The Market!
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our agents‘ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market, including Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts.
Whether you prefer to sell your home, rent your home, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Boston Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our expert real estate agents will help you search for condos for sale in Jamaica Plain, multi-family homes for sale in Jamaica Plain, or single family homes for sale in Jamaica Plain. We are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale in Jamaica Plain. If you’re looking to sell your home in Jamaica Plain, NextHome Titletown Real Estate listing agents can help you get the best sale price.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Boston’s Progressive Real Estate brokerage. Our focus is to help you sell your Boston, Massachusetts area home faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect home with less hassle. Here, you can search for homes in Jamaica Plain and new homes in Boston.
We also sponsor a great local networking group called Network to Grow Your Net Worth. Feel free to join our free Facebook Group and come to one of our in-person networking events to meet real estate professionals and investors of all levels – from people just getting started to some of the region’s smartest and most creative real estate investors!
Other Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out:
Other Nearby Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- How NextHome Titletown Real Estate Can Help You Buy a Home in Boston Using Rent to Own Contracts!
- Should I Get My Real Estate License?
- Cross-Country Relocation Tips for Home Buyers and Sellers in Boston
- 5 Ways to Deal With Bad Tenants in Boston
- 3 Things You Should Never Do When Selling Your House in Boston
- Real Estate and Death – Estate Planning Details to Protect Your Assets
- 5 Tips to Sell a House That Needs Repairs in Boston
- 5 Reasons Why NextHome Titletown Real Estate Thinks You Should Buy a House Right Now in Boston!
- Successful Out of State Multi Family Investing with Jon Sidoti
- The Top 3 Things You Should Do When Buying Your First Home in Boston