Buy Your Next Home in Boston, MA – Charlestown
Thinking About Buying a Home in Charlestown, Massachusetts?
On the north side of Boston, Charlestown is a quick walk into Downtown Boston. Situated between the Mystic and Charles Rivers, Charlestown is Boston’s oldest neighborhood, and has a small-town feel to it. The population – about 17,000 residents in just 1 square mile – is a mix of new residents and life-long “Townies,” living in many multi-family units, row houses, and townhomes.
Some of the most desirable housing units are near the Bunker Hill Monument or the Charlestown Navy Yard (which feature breathtaking views of Boston Harbor). Many of the homes you will find in Charlestown are single-family homes or condos in brick row houses or traditional wood multi-family dwellings. The Charlestown Navy Yard features a number of larger condo buildings with full amenities, such as Starboard and Parris Landing.
Charlestown has easy access to I-93 (and especially points north, since just south is the Big Dig tunnel, which is rarely a treat at any point throughout the day), Route 1 heading over the Tobin Bridge, and Route 99 which heads into Everett (and right to the new Encore casino resort). Charlestown is also served by multiple MBTA bus routes and the Orange Line.
Bunker Hill Day, celebrated every June 17th or on the preceding Sunday, is a very big deal in Charlestown. Along with tons of house parties, Bunker Hill Day in Charlestown features a huge parade with marching bands, military troops, first responders, local youth sports teams, historical re-enactment groups, and festive, decorated floats.
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Charlestown, Massachusetts
- Grab a pint and a burger at the welcoming and homey Warren Tavern, one of Boston’s oldest restaurants, established in 1780.
- Tour the USS Constitution (a.k.a. Old Ironsides), the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the entire world!
- Head to Pier 6 for a late-night cocktail and one of the most breathtaking views of Boston Harbor.
- Visit Monument Square and the Bunker Hill Monument, part of the Freedom Trail commemorating one of the most pivotal battles of the American Revolution in 1775 (and the origin of the phrase “Don’t fire until you see the whites of their eyes!”)
- Walk over to Breed’s Hill and enjoy an outdoor picnic lunch with a view, or bring your kids to the 5-acre Paul Revere Park to enjoy the playground and expansive lawn.
Homes For Sale In Charlestown
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our agents‘ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market, including Charlestown.
Whether you prefer to sell your home, rent your home, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Boston Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our expert real estate agents will help you search for condos in Charlestown, multi-family homes for sale in Charlestown, Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale, or single family homes for sale in Charlestown. We are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale in Charlestown. If you’re looking to sell your home in Charlestown, NextHome Titletown Real Estate listing agents can help you get the best sale price.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Boston’s Progressive Real Estate brokerage. Our focus is to help you sell your Boston, Massachusetts area home faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect home with less hassle. Here, you can search for homes in Charlestown and new homes in Boston.
We also sponsor a great local networking group called Network to Grow Your Net Worth. Feel free to join our free Facebook Group and come to one of our in-person networking events to meet real estate professionals and investors of all levels – from people just getting started to some of the region’s smartest and most creative real estate investors!
Other Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out:
Other Nearby Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- Our Home Buying Guide For Millennials In Boston
- How To Buy A House With A Family Member In Boston
- Real Estate Scams and How You Can Avoid Them
- How To Help Your Kids Adjust To A Move In Boston
- Determining What Homeowners Insurance Does and Does Not Cover In Boston
- How To Handle Cloudy Title In Boston
- Airbnb, Vacation Rental, and Short-Term Rental Tax Tips
- Understanding Umbrella Insurance For Homeowners in Boston
- 3 Tips for Moving With Your Pets In Boston
- Condo Conversions Explained – Everything You Need To Know, Part 2 of 2