Buy Your Next Home in Boston, MA – East Boston
Thinking About Buying a Home in Eastie?
For years, East Boston (a.k.a Eastie) was simply that outer section of Boston, disconnected by a tunnel beneath Boston Harbor, and the home of Logan Airport and the resulting aircraft noise from overhead.
Fast forward to today – Big Dig complete, Uber and Lyft just a quick few taps away, reliable Blue Line, Silver Line, and MBTA bus service to the rest of Boston, and Eastie is one of the newer hot spots for home seekers in Boston. Homebuyers seeking more affordable real estate within a stone’s throw of Downtown Boston, and East Boston fits that bill perfectly. The housing market has seen a resurgence over the past few years, as developers have continue renovating many of the classic row houses and triple-deckers.
East Boston was created on a wave of immigrants that came to America. Diversity throughout the years has held strong here, and East Boston is inhabited by Irish, Canadians, Russians, Italians, Southeast Asians, Latin Americans, and many more. As a result, Eastie is home to tons of ethnic restaurants, friendly residents, multiple languages spoken, and a welcoming vibe.
The Eastie of today is a culturally vibrant neighborhood, minutes from downtown, with renovated condos and new construction galore, not to mention amazing views of Downtown Boston from Jeffries Point and Eagle Hill. Situated right on Boston Harbor across from Downtown Boston, Eastie a quick ride on the Blue Line into the Financial District.
Today, Eastie is a neighborhood that’s on the rise and continues to grow in popularity every day. Eastie is the perfect choice for first-time homebuyers, couples with young children (or even pre-kids), and empty-nesters looking to escape the suburbs for a more interesting living environment. Within the neighborhood itself, East Boston has no shortage of parks, trails, and waterfront activities. Real estate is booming right now, with post-graduates flocking to the neighborhood, often purchasing their first homes.
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Eastie
- Enjoy the spectacular views of Downtown Boston and Boston Harbor from Piers Park.
- Head for a swim at Constitution Beach, one of the hidden gems along Boston’s waterfront.
- Head to the Shipyard from a visit to the ICA Watershed, a new 15,000-square-foot, formerly condemned space that was transformed in 2018 into a vast and welcoming civic and cultural venue to see and experience large-scale art in East Boston. Afterward, grab a pint of delicious hard cider from Downeast Cider House, followed by authentic Aussie cuisine at KO Pies.
- Walk over to Logan Airport (yes, technically, it’s a short walk from almost anywhere in Eastie) and hop a flight pretty much anywhere – Logan Airport is one of the busiest in the United States, with over 50 airlines flying to and from Logan, serving over 130 destinations with direct, non-stop service.
- Have a dog that needs to get all their energy out? Take your pup to Belle Isle Marsh Reservation where you will find trails she can run on for days. People are often seen taking advantage of the marsh waters with kayaking, or up in the observation tower snapping that Instagram perfect sunset shot over Boston!
- One of our favorite (relatively) new hot spots is ReelHouse, which overlooks Boston Harbor right at Jeffries Point. The views alone are stunning.
- Immerse yourself in Eastie history by standing in the exact spot where the early Kennedy Family lived. President John F. Kennedy paraded the streets with Jackie on his announcement of his run to the presidency. Once elected, he praised his roots and growing up in Eastie, a place he always held dear to his heart. He is remembered as waving to patrons outside Santarpio’s Pizza, which is a must for delicious, authentic Italian pizza.
Homes For Sale In East Boston
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our agents’ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market, including Eastie.
Whether you prefer to sell your home, rent your home, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Boston Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our expert real estate agents will help you search for East Boston condos, multi-family homes for sale in East Boston, or single family homes for sale in East Boston. We are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale in Eastie.
If you’re looking to sell your home in Eastie, NextHome Titletown Real Estate listing agents can help you get the best sale price for Jeffries Point East Boston real estate, homes for sale in Orient Heights, or any East Boston condos throughout the neighborhood.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Boston’s Progressive Real Estate brokerage. Our focus is to help you sell your Boston, Massachusetts area home faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect home with less hassle. Here, you can search for homes in East Boston and new homes in Boston.
We also sponsor a great local networking group called Network to Grow Your Net Worth. Feel free to join our free Facebook Group and come to one of our in-person networking events to meet real estate professionals and investors of all levels – from people just getting started to some of the region’s smartest and most creative real estate investors!
We would love to help you find your next home in Eastie – contact us today!
Other Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out:
Other Nearby Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- Our Home Buying Guide For Millennials In Boston
- How To Buy A House With A Family Member In Boston
- Real Estate Scams and How You Can Avoid Them
- How To Help Your Kids Adjust To A Move In Boston
- Determining What Homeowners Insurance Does and Does Not Cover In Boston
- How To Handle Cloudy Title In Boston
- Airbnb, Vacation Rental, and Short-Term Rental Tax Tips
- Understanding Umbrella Insurance For Homeowners in Boston
- 3 Tips for Moving With Your Pets In Boston
- Condo Conversions Explained – Everything You Need To Know, Part 2 of 2