Buy Your Next Home in Boston, MA – Allston
Photo: Pi.1415926535 [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)]
Thinking About Buying a Home in Allston?
On the surface, Allston might be synonymous with Boston University and student housing – after all, 90% of Allston residents are renters and 56% are students – but with the diversity of the neighborhood and convenience to Copley Square and Downtown Boston, Allston is becoming an increasingly popular choice for first-time homebuyers, international students, and young adults.
Pretty much everything in Allston is located on or near Harvard Ave., Commonwealth Ave., Western Ave., or Brighton Ave. Much of the housing that you will find in Allston are brick apartment buildings along Commonwealth Avenue and the connecting streets, but once you head toward Brighton, you will find more of the classic New England wooden triple-deckers.
The City of Boston just invested millions into the redevelopment of Smith Playground, which anchors a corner of Lower Allston that now features upscale apartments and a Trader Joe’s. Throughout the rest of Lower Allston, defined as the area across the Masspike from the southern portion of Allston bounced by the north/south turn of the Charles River, you will find side streets dotted with multifamily Victorian homes and single-family dwellings.
In this area, you will also find the buildings of Allston’s largest landholder – Harvard University. Over time, Harvard acquired over 50 acres in Lower Allston, now home of Harvard Stadium and Athletic Complex, Harvard Business School, Harvard Innovation Labs, and a number of associated buildings.
Things to Do and Places to Visit in Allston
- Check out the newly redone Smith Playground after a $6.4 million renovation by the City of Boston and grab a beer and comfort food lunch at Article 24.
- Allston Village is the hub of the neighborhood, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and public artwork to view as you walk around.
- Spike’s Junkyard Dogs is a neighborhood mainstay that has served 100% all-beef hot dogs and loaded fries to generations of BU students.
- Brighton Music Hall in the heart of Allston Village cannot be missed if you’re looking for a vibrant evening of live music and dance parties from local and national acts, such as Dropkick Murphys, Weezer, and Imagine Dragons.
Homes For Sale In Allston
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage! We use the best of new technology and old-fashioned relationship building to deliver results to our homebuyers, sellers, and property investors. Our agents’ diverse experience can help you win in any corner of Greater Boston’s real estate market, including Allston, Massachusetts.
Whether you prefer to sell your home, rent your home, or purchase an investment property, we are experts in our field, and know the local Boston Real Estate market well. We can analyze your unique situation, and provide you the very best options for your financial future.
At NextHome Titletown Real Estate, our expert real estate agents will help you search for condos for sale in Allston-Brighton, or multi-family homes for sale in Allston. We are ready to answer all of your questions about neighborhoods, local resources, schools, properties, and the newest listings for sale in Allston. If you’re looking to sell your home in Allston, NextHome Titletown Real Estate listing agents can help you get the best sale price.
NextHome Titletown Real Estate is Boston’s Progressive Real Estate brokerage. Our focus is to help you sell your home in Allston faster, for more money, and to help you find and buy the perfect home with less hassle. Here, you can search for homes in Allston and new homes in Boston.
We also sponsor a great local networking group called Network to Grow Your Net Worth. Feel free to join our free Facebook Group and come to one of our in-person networking events to meet real estate professionals and investors of all levels – from people just getting started to some of the region’s smartest and most creative real estate investors!
Other Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out:
Other Cities and Towns to Check Out:
Latest Posts on the NextHome Titletown Real Estate Blog:
- Our Home Buying Guide For Millennials In Boston
- How To Buy A House With A Family Member In Boston
- Real Estate Scams and How You Can Avoid Them
- How To Help Your Kids Adjust To A Move In Boston
- Determining What Homeowners Insurance Does and Does Not Cover In Boston
- How To Handle Cloudy Title In Boston
- Airbnb, Vacation Rental, and Short-Term Rental Tax Tips
- Understanding Umbrella Insurance For Homeowners in Boston
- 3 Tips for Moving With Your Pets In Boston
- Condo Conversions Explained – Everything You Need To Know, Part 2 of 2