In this episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast, we’re talking about Open House Safety and how to keep everything and everyone safe when showing a property.
How often do you open your front door to strangers, let them wander around your home, and check everything out (sometimes without supervision)? Not often, we would hope!
When you’re buying or selling property, though, the rules are a bit different. While sight-unseen offers are common for investors, the vast majority of residential real estate transactions involve in-person tours, and frequently, Open Houses.
Realtors have many safety concerns when conducting Open Houses. We offer a number of ways to keep safe during this episode!
Learn all of this and more!
Join Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill of NextHome Titletown and UrbanVillage Legal in Boston, Massachusetts for another episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast!
The Real Estate Law Podcast Episode 8
SHOW TOPICS + ITEMS WE COVERED:
- Touring with buyers – safety in your car and while alone in houses
- Safety for agents during showings
- Safety for guests – what hazards to watch for
- What agents should do immediately upon arrival
- Safety for owners and belongings
- Securing possessions
- Signing in and Checking in
- 10 Tips for Holding a Safe Open House
- 15 Cautionary Tips for Holding a Safe Open House
- 5 Open House Safety Tips for Homeowners
- Prepare for Security Issues when Hosting an Open House
Attorney / Broker Rory Gill
- UrbanVillage Legal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NextHome Titletown – email@example.com
Do you have questions for us? Interesting in working together? Do you have ideas for a future podcast episode? Email us today!
Need a Keynote Speaker, Panelist, Conference Session Moderator, or Podcast Guest? Real Estate Attorney / Broker Rory Gill or Jason Muth are available. Email Rory or Email Jason today!
We’re powered by the following sponsors:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate, Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage. NextHome Titletown Real Estate is a wholly-owned franchise of NextHome, Inc., the fastest growing real estate franchise in the United States, with 500+ offices and 3,000+ NextHomies in 45 states since 2015.
UrbanVillage Legal, Massachusetts Real Estate Counsel serving savvy property owners, lenders and investors more at UrbanVillageLegal.com.
The Real Estate Law Podcast is hosted by Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill.
This podcast and these show notes are not legal advice, but we hope you find both entertaining and informative.
Discover more entertaining and informative conversations about how and where the worlds of real estate and law intersect at RealEstateLawPodcast.com.
You can follow our sponsors here:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate:
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Instagram
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Facebook
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate LinkedIn
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Reviews
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Search
- Directions to NextHome Titletown Real Estate
- UrbanVillage Legal on LinkedIn
- UrbanVillage Legal Website
- UrbanVillage Legal on Superlawyers
- Attorney Rory Gill on LinkedIn
- Directions to UrbanVillage Legal on Google Maps
Check out some of our favorite Real Estate, Legal, and Investing podcasts:
- Bigger Pockets Podcast
- Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever
- Real Estate Addicts Podcast
- Bigger Pockets Money Show
- KCREatingwealth Podcast
- Wrestling With Real Estate
The Real Estate Law Podcast, because real estate is more than just pretty pictures and law goes well beyond the paperwork and courtroom arguments. Thank you for listening and for reading these show notes!