No, you won’t get a cramp if you go swimming after eating. And if you swallow gum, it will not remain in your body for seven years.
And the world is not flat. It just isn’t. Stop it, flat earthers…
Real estate has a ton of myths that many believe to be true. Everything from necessary disclosures to what actually constitutes a bedroom.
So what are some common real estate myths? We review 5 excellent ones in this episode, and the truths or falsehoods behind them might surprise you!
Common Myths About Real Estate Laws
MYTH #1: A real estate agent has to disclose haunted houses or crime scenes.
MYTH #2: It’s up to the real estate agent to disclose all problems with the home.
MYTH #3: There is a way to exempt yourself from property taxes.
MYTH #4: New construction homes must come with a warranty.
MYTH #5: A bedroom has to have a closet to be a legal bedroom.
Do you have questions for us? Interesting in working together? Do you have ideas for a future podcast episode? Email us today!
Need a Keynote Speaker, Panelist, Conference Session Moderator, or Podcast Guest? Real Estate Attorney / Broker Rory Gill or Jason Muth are available. Email Rory or Email Jason today!
We’re powered by the following sponsors:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate, Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage. NextHome Titletown Real Estate is a wholly-owned franchise of NextHome, Inc., the fastest growing real estate franchise in the United States, with 600+ offices and 5,000+ NextHomies in 48 states since 2015.
UrbanVillage Legal, Massachusetts Real Estate Counsel serving savvy property owners, lenders and investors more at UrbanVillageLegal.com.
The Real Estate Law Podcast is hosted by Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill.
This podcast and these show notes are not legal advice, but we hope you find both entertaining and informative.
Discover more entertaining and informative conversations about how and where the worlds of real estate and law intersect at RealEstateLawPodcast.com.
Subscribe to The Real Estate Law Podcast here: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn
You can follow our sponsors here:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate:
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Instagram
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Facebook
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate LinkedIn
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Reviews
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Search
- Directions to NextHome Titletown Real Estate
- UrbanVillage Legal on LinkedIn
- UrbanVillage Legal Website
- UrbanVillage Legal on Superlawyers
- Attorney Rory Gill on LinkedIn
- Directions to UrbanVillage Legal on Google Maps
Check out some of our favorite Real Estate, Legal, and Investing podcasts:
- Bigger Pockets Podcast
- Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever
- Bigger Pockets Money Show
- The Industrial Real Estate Podcast
- Short Term Rental Secrets
- The Jas Takhar Podcast
- Wholesaling, Inc.
- KCREatingwealth Podcast
- No Vacancy – The Podcast
- Not Your Average Financial Podcast
- STR Unfiltered
- Real Estate Investing for Cash Flow
- MasterTalk – Master Your Talk
- Where We Buy
- Ritter on Real Estate
- Cashflow Pro
- The Property Nomads Podcast
- On The Market Podcast
Join Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill of NextHome Titletown and UrbanVillage Legal in Boston, Massachusetts, and learn all about common real estate law myths during this episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast!