Airbnb, vacation rentals, and other short-term rentals are new ways of making money that investors are discovering as side hustles or legitimate full-time businesses.
When you run an Airbnb, vacation rental or short-term rental business there are a number of tax implications that you may not find in your standard 1040 tax forms. These relate to home mortgage interest deductions, depreciation deductions, timing of income recognition and more.
If you happen to be running, or are considering running an Airbnb (or vacation rental of any kind) or short-term rental company, you will want to listen to this episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast to understand how you can maximize your tax benefits and legally minimize your tax liability.
Tax laws are constantly changing, especially for short-term rentals, so be sure to check with your tax professional.
Join Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill of NextHome Titletown and UrbanVillage Legal in Boston, Massachusetts, and learn a number of helpful tax tips to optimize your Airbnb’s finances during this episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast!
In this episode, we discuss a number Tax Tips for Airbnb and Short-Term Rental Operators, including:
1. Tracking stays and keeping good records
3. When to place your rental in service
4. Mileage expenses and travel
5. Educational seminars
6. Loan and credit card interest
Join Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill of NextHome Titletown and UrbanVillage Legal in Boston, Massachusetts for another episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast!
- Episode 2 – Short-Term Airbnb Rentals – What Laws You Need To Know
- Episode 4 – How to Submit a Strong Real Estate Offer
- Episode 5 – How to Legally Evict a Tenant
- Episode 9 – How to Set a Listing Price for Your Home
The Real Estate Law Podcast Episode 14
Do you have questions for us? Interesting in working together? Do you have ideas for a future podcast episode? Email us today!
Need a Keynote Speaker, Panelist, Conference Session Moderator, or Podcast Guest? Real Estate Attorney / Broker Rory Gill or Jason Muth are available. Email Rory or Email Jason today!
We’re powered by the following sponsors:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate, Greater Boston’s progressive real estate brokerage. NextHome Titletown Real Estate is a wholly-owned franchise of NextHome, Inc., the fastest growing real estate franchise in the United States, with 600+ offices and 5,000+ NextHomies in 48 states since 2015.
UrbanVillage Legal, Massachusetts Real Estate Counsel serving savvy property owners, lenders and investors more at UrbanVillageLegal.com.
The Real Estate Law Podcast is hosted by Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill.
This podcast and these show notes are not legal advice, but we hope you find both entertaining and informative.
Discover more entertaining and informative conversations about how and where the worlds of real estate and law intersect at RealEstateLawPodcast.com.
Subscribe to The Real Estate Law Podcast here: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn
You can follow our sponsors here:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate:
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Instagram
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Facebook
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate LinkedIn
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Reviews
- NextHome Titletown Real Estate Search
- Directions to NextHome Titletown Real Estate
- UrbanVillage Legal on LinkedIn
- UrbanVillage Legal Website
- UrbanVillage Legal on Superlawyers
- Attorney Rory Gill on LinkedIn
- Directions to UrbanVillage Legal on Google Maps
Check out some of our favorite Real Estate, Legal, and Investing podcasts:
- Bigger Pockets Podcast
- Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever
- Bigger Pockets Money Show
- The Industrial Real Estate Podcast
- Short Term Rental Secrets
- The Jas Takhar Podcast
- Wholesaling, Inc.
- KCREatingwealth Podcast
- No Vacancy – The Podcast
- Not Your Average Financial Podcast
- STR Unfiltered
- Real Estate Investing for Cash Flow
- MasterTalk – Master Your Talk
- Where We Buy
- Ritter on Real Estate
- Cashflow Pro
- The Property Nomads Podcast
- On The Market Podcast
Boston and Beyond – Just Hit the Market!
The property listing data and information, or the Images, set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third-party sources, including sellers, lessors, landlords, and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information, and the Images, are for the personal, noncommercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing, leasing, or renting listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing, leasing or renting. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information, or as to the accuracy of any of the Images, set forth herein.